We understand there is a lot of information on this page. Please humor us by reading it all. This information is also available in PDF format.
ABOUT SHMOOCON 2016
ShmooCon is an annual East coast hacker convention that offers three days of demonstrating technology exploitation, inventive software and hardware solutions, and open discussions of critical infosec issues. Four tracks provide our attendees with a rich diversity of information complemented by lively conversation in hotel common spaces late into the night. The conference runs Friday evening through Sunday afternoon and will be held January 15-17, 2016 at the Washington Hilton in Washington D.C.
ShmooCon attendees are a mix of government employees, contractors, security professionals from major industries, information assurance students and faculty, security software and hardware manufacturers and, of course, hackers. As a group they have high gadget density, a penchant for arguing the esoteric aspects of security problems, and in general like to wear black t-shirts.
The conference has sold out each of the eleven previous years. This year we expect 1800 paid attendees, and around 2100 participants when speakers, vendors, staffers, and members of the press are included.
ShmooCon attendees expect a certain level of anonymity.
Therefore, we do not collect demographics on our attendees nor do we provide any specific data we might have to outside parties. We estimate that 35% percent of our attendees come from the greater metropolitan Washington, D.C. area, including Baltimore and Northern Virginia. Other participants hail primarily from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
BEING A SPONSOR AT SHMOOCON
ShmooCon is a highly interactive and energetic conference and is not intended to be a vendor show. To that end we ask that our sponsors be ready to contribute to the atmosphere of the event and not simply sit behind a table with some slick sheets. Our attendees have high expectations and we want to ensure that all aspects of the conference meet those expectations as best we can.
Our ongoing challenge to our sponsors is to find a way to actively participate with and engage the attendees. Be it contests, crazy giveaways, special events, or just super cool swag – let us know what you’re planning on doing that will set you apart from the other sponsors. From previous years’ experience, we’ve seen that the sponsors who go above and beyond really are able to hook our attendees and get a huge return on their investment.
We offer a variety of sponsorship opportunities to meet your needs and the expectations of our attendees. There are a limited number of sponsorship slots available at each level and sponsorship offers are subject to our discretion. We review all sponsorship requests to ensure there is mutual benefit to our attendees and the potential sponsor.
|Item in Attendee Bag||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Prominent Logo||Prominent Logo||Logo||Logo||No||No|
|Yes, in key traffic location||Yes, in high traffic location||Yes||No||Yes||No|
* Bronze level sponsorships are only open to small/start-up companies operating in their first three (3) years and looking for exposure in the security community.
** These numbers represent total available at each level, NOT what is still available.
Please be aware:
- All table staff for sponsors must have an admission to the conference. Varying numbers of admissions are included at each tier of sponsorship. Sponsors at the Platinum and Gold levels may purchase up to 2 additional tickets at the going conference rate.
- Tables are approximately 3′ x 6′ and skirted. Total exhibit space granted to each vendor is not much larger than this. We are not a big booth venue.
- Sponsors at the Bronze level and above are welcome to offer a single item for inclusion in attendee bags distributed at registration. To help prevent duplicates, ShmooCon Organizers must approve items before they are sent to our headquarters.
- As part of our program incorporates the use of ShmooCon branded round stress balls, we ask that sponsors DO NOT hand out any such item as part of their conference swag.
- If selected as a ShmooCon sponsor please be aware that payment is due 30 days from issuing date of invoice unless we are within 30 days of the conference. In that case, payment is due immediately.
If you are interested in sponsoring ShmooCon 2016, please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of company & company URL
- Contact person & phone number
- Why you feel your company is a good fit for ShmooCon
- Level of sponsorship requested
- Brief description of how you plan to use your booth during the conference (if applicable)