Would you like to be able to legally transmit on over two dozen radio frequency bands (including 2.4Ghz), at up to 1500W? Communicate analog or digital tens to thousands of miles away? All it takes is an amateur radio license. If you’re interested in becoming an Amateur Radio operator or hold a license you’d like to upgrade, there will be an Amateur Radio Licensing Exam Session at ShmooCon on Saturday, February 1, 2020. We will be offering Technician, General and Extra license exams on a walk-in basis, no need to register ahead of time.
1919 Connecticut Ave, NW
Room: Lincoln East on the Concourse Level
When: Tests will be given between 1:00-3:00 PM on Saturday, February 1, 2020.
This test does not require that you are a ShmooCon attendee. If you are interested in taking the exam and are not an attendee, you must email email@example.com ahead of time to pre-register.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- An FCC Registration Number (FRN). Register for an FRN here: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do (We can accept an SSN for this, but, well, we’d prefer not to handle your SSN.)
- Legal photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport
- $15 cash or a check made out to ARRL VEC
- If you are upgrading, a copy of your current license and any applicable CSCEs
- Pen or pencil
- Calculator if you need one (preferably non-programable or we will have to erase its memory)
Study materials are available at the ARRL store: http://www.arrl.org/shop/Licensing-Education-and-Training/ and the question pools are available at http://www.arrl.org/question-pools.
If you have any questions, or will require special assistance, please contact us ahead of the exam at: firstname.lastname@example.org.