SHMOOCON CFP CHECKLIST
A. Have you read the ShmooCon CFP in its entirety? It helps if you do.
B. Are you aware of all CFP deadlines and dates?
- October 18, 2021 – CFP opens
- November 26, 2021 – CFP closes at 11:59 PM, EST
- December 13, 2021 – CFP notifications go out
- January 14-16, 2022 – ShmooCon XVII
C. Is your document in PDF or TEXT format?
D. Is your document formatted following the outline below (in this order)? Submissions that do not follow this format risk being rejected without review.
- Title of Presentation
- Presenter(s) Name
- Abstract of your presentation limited to 200 words or less for use in the ShmooCon program and on the website.
- Bio limited to 100 words for you OR your group (not 100 words per person).
- Detailed Description – the most important part of your submission. You need to provide detailed information that demonstrates your knowledge of your topic and how you will present it to the audience. Do not rely on your abstract to be enough for the review committee. It isn’t.
- Track Preference – describe how you would adjust your presentation for track or time considerations. Do not leave this portion out if you submit to multiple tracks.
- Why do you feel this submission is a good fit for ShmooCon?
- List of other conferences at which submission has been presented or submitted.
- Are you a potential first time presenter at ShmooCon?Have you spoken at any other conferences? If yes, which ones?
- List of facilities requested beyond what is already provided (power, projector with VGA input, sound projection, and internet connectivity).
E. Have you submitted your paper via HTTPS://CFP.SHMOOCON.ORG?
F. Have you received a confirmation email of your submission? If not, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, submission title and email used for submission (after checking spam folders, etc).
If you answered “yes” to items A-F above, congrats! You have successfully made a submission to ShmooCon XVI! Thanks and you’ll hear from us on or before December 13th.