Sunday, December 2, 2018 – Firetalks CFP opens
Saturday, 11:59 PM EST, December 22, 2018 – Firetalks CFP closes
Saturday, December 29, 2018 – All notifications sent
Firetalks is a series of talks that happens after the main ShmooCon program is finished. Six speakers are given 15 minutes to dive right into the core of their content and present their ideas. Topics for Firetalks are rather open ended. It’s up to the submitter to convince us why their presentation is interesting.
Several judges will be on hand, American Idol-style, to listen to and critique the speaker’s presentation on both style and content. This is meant to be done in a both a serious and humorous manner in front of the audience. After the event the judges will vote on the best talks — with the top three speakers being awarded some cool prizes to be presented at ShmooCon closing ceremonies.
Firetalks is a ShmooCon event and both submitters and attendees must already have a ShmooCon Barcode to participate.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT
Anyone who already has a ShmooCon Barcode and thinks they have something to say.
HOW DO I SUBMIT
Firetalks will use a web-based submission process. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Presenter(s) Name and contact info
- Abstract – limited to 150 words or less
- Document in TXT or PDF format that contains the following information (in order):
- Title of presentation
- Presenter(s) name
- Abstract – same as above
- Bio(s) – limited to 100 words total
- Detailed description of your submission – this should be more information than is contained in your abstract. Do not send us your slides.
- Has this information been presented before? Where?
- Do you already have a ticket to ShmooCon?
Submissions will be reviewed by a small committee of ShmooCon Staff. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.