All Shmoozer and Student spots have been filled. Notifications will be sent by 11/20.
Once again attendees will have a chance to Shmooze a Student. For $400 you can provide the opportunity for a deserving student to attend ShmooCon as well as get a ticket for yourself.
You and ShmooCon will be sponsoring up to 25* students to attend the conference. Your $400 will be combined with $100 of ShmooCon funds to purchase a ticket for yourself, a ticket for a deserving student, and provide a $200 stipend to offset the student’s travel costs and meal expenses. (This stipend will be delivered to the student upon arrival at the con).
Deadline for all applications is Friday, November 18, 2016. We will notify all students and shmoozers of status on or before November 27, 2016.
*Subject to ShmooCon’s discretion and number of student applications received. Won’t be less (unless we don’t receive 25 applications), could be more.
SHMOOZERS : FULL – All Shmoozer spots are full.
If you are interested in Shmoozing a Student, e-mail email@example.com with answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in sponsoring a student?
- Is it okay to list your name in the program as a student sponsor? If yes, what name?
- Would you be willing to meet up with the group of students if time allows?
STUDENTS: FULL – All Student spots are full.
Are you a student interested in attending ShmooCon but are unable to afford the trip? Students 18 and over who are interested in applying for this unique opportunity will need to provide proof that they are an active student at an educational institution.
Students need to provide:
- A picture of themselves at school with a student ID (make this fun – here’s your chance to entertain us).
- A brief letter of recommendation from an instructor at your institution.
Students should submit the above information along with answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Why do you want to come to ShmooCon?
- What do you hope to learn?
- Have you been to any other information security conferences? Which ones?
- What career and/or degree are you pursuing? “Not sure” is fine, but let us know what type of technical pursuits you enjoy.
Accepted students might be asked to complete a questionnaire at the end of the conference but honestly, we have yet to follow through on this.