Sponsorship for ShmooCon 2022 is sold out.
If you would like to be notified when sponsorship information for ShmooCon 2023 is posted,
please fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/QuA6gzaV5vT4pbtX8
ABOUT SHMOOCON 2022
ShmooCon is an annual East coast hacker convention that offers three days of demonstrating technology exploitation, inventive software and hardware solutions, and open discussions of critical InfoSec issues. Four tracks provide our attendees with a rich diversity of information complemented by lively conversation in hotel common spaces late into the night. The conference runs Friday evening through Sunday afternoon and will be held January 14-16, 2022, at the Washington Hilton in Washington D.C.
ShmooCon attendees are a mix of government employees, contractors, security professionals from major industries, information assurance students and faculty, security software and hardware manufacturers, and, of course, hackers. As a group they have high gadget density, a penchant for arguing the esoteric aspects of security problems, and generally like to wear black t-shirts.
The conference has sold out each of the fifteen previous years. We are still finalizing numbers for this year, but generally attendance is capped at 2200. This includes around 1700 general attendees, plus speakers, sponsors, members of the press, event representatives, and ShmooCon staff.
ShmooCon attendees expect a certain level of anonymity.
Therefore, we do not collect demographics on our attendees nor do we provide any specific data we might have to outside parties. We estimate that 35% percent of our attendees come from the greater metropolitan Washington, D.C. area, including Baltimore and Northern Virginia. Other participants hail primarily from across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
BEING A SPONSOR AT SHMOOCON
ShmooCon is a highly interactive and energetic conference and is not intended to be a vendor show. To that end we ask that our sponsors be ready to contribute to the atmosphere of the event and not simply sit behind a table with some slick sheets. Our attendees have high expectations and we want to ensure that all aspects of the conference meet those expectations as best we can.
Our ongoing challenge to our sponsors is to find a way to actively participate with and engage the attendee. Be it contests, crazy giveaways, special events, or just super cool swag – let us know what you’re planning on doing that will set you apart from the other sponsors. From previous years experience, we’ve seen that the sponsors who go above and beyond really are able to hook our attendees and get better returns on investment.
ShmooCon 2022 will have a vaccine and mask requirement. For more information on our COVID policies please go here.
We offer a variety of sponsorship opportunities to meet your needs and the expectations of our attendees. There are limited numbers of each level available and sponsorship offers are subject to our discretion. We review all sponsorship requests to ensure there is mutual benefit to our attendees and the potential sponsor.
|SPONSORSHIP LEVEL||PLATINUM||GOLD||SILVER||NO TABLE||BRONZE*||FRIENDSHIP|
|Option to purchase additional tickets***||Yes, up to 2 additional||Yes, up to 2 additional||No||No||No||No|
|Item in Attendee Bag||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Full-page Ad plus Logo||Half-page Ad plus Logo||Logo||Logo||Logo||Logo|
|Yes, in key traffic location||Yes, in high traffic location||Yes||No||Yes||No|
* Bronze level sponsorships are only open to small/start-up companies operating in their first three (3) years and looking for exposure in the security community.
** These numbers represent total available at each level, NOT what is still available.
*** Sponsors at the Platinum and Gold levels may purchase up to 2 additional badges at the going conference rate of $150 each, but must tell us this upon application.
- Everyone working your booth will need a badge. Varying numbers of badges are included at each tier of sponsorship.
- Tables are approximately 6’x3′ and skirted. Total exhibit space granted to each sponsor is not much larger than this. We are not a big booth venue. Please plan accordingly so as not to impede upon your neighbors.
- Sponsors at the Bronze level and above are welcome to offer a single item for inclusion in attendee bags distributed at registration. ShmooCon Organizers must approve items before they are sent to our headquarters.
- We require that all sponsors stay away from any item resembling a ShmooBall (stress ball) for any of their conference handouts.
SPONSOR APPLICATION – Sponsorship for ShmooCon 2022 is closed.
If you are interested in sponsoring ShmooCon 2022, please be prepared with the following information and fill out the google form provided here.
- Name of company & company URL
- Contact person name, email & phone number
- Level of sponsorship requested
- If requesting Platinum or Gold, do you want to exercise the option to purchase 2 additional badges to ShmooCon? This will be added to your invoice.
- Will you pay by check, ACH, or credit card?
- Why you feel your company is a good fit for ShmooCon
- Brief description of how you plan to use your booth during the conference (if applicable)
If selected as a ShmooCon sponsor please be aware that payment is due 45 days from issuing date of invoice unless we are within 30 days of the conference. In that case, payment is due immediately. Payment by check is greatly preferred. Payments by cc will incur extra fees.
Responses to applications can take up to two weeks. We ask for your patience as we review requests.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.