All persons in attendance (staff, speakers, attendees of all ages, etc) at ShmooCon 2022 must be vaccinated, with no exceptions/exemptions. For our purposes, vaccinated means:
- 2 doses of Pfizer COVID vaccine completed prior to March 9, 2022
- 2 doses of Moderna COVID vaccine completed prior to March 9, 2022
- 1 dose of J&J COVID vaccine completed prior to March 9, 2022
- COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization, completed prior to March 9, 2022
VACCINE VALIDATION LOCATION AND HOURS
You should go through vaccine validation BEFORE picking up your badge at con reg.
(one level up from the con)
(right outside con reg)
HOW WILL THIS BE DONE?
Checks will be done by two person teams. They’ll need two things from you to verify your vaccine status:
- Proof of vaccination
- Government/School issued picture ID
- In the case of minors we will accept the Parent/Guardian ID
The team will verify both the ID and proof of vaccination match and then they’ll put a wristband on you. The wristband should be worn the entire weekend and is proof that you have been through our vaccine check.
Please do not remove your wristband! We do not have enough to validate everyone every single day. Heidi wore one for a week just to be sure it was comfortable enough and also to make sure it stood up to frequent hand washing (recommended) and showering (also recommended).
WHAT IF MY VACCINE PROOF AND ID DON’T MATCH?
If you are in the process of a name change or similar, please bring reasonable proof (marriage license, copy of name change request form, etc) to help us complete the validation. We promise to forget everything immediately.
WHAT IS VALID PROOF OF VACCINATION?
We’ll take anything reasonable including:
- CDC vaccine card (including a clear picture of your card)
- Proof from a government entity (such as DC, Maryland, or Virginia state certification)
- Various vaccination apps including Apple Health, MyIRMobile, Clear, Excelsior, etc
- In this case, please pull up the screen that shows both your vaccination dates and name
In general, we prefer to NOT be scanning QR codes. Some folks have indicated their primary proof is the QR code, in which case we’ll scan the code with the SMART Health app for verification.
ARE YOU KEEPING ANY RECORD OF THIS?
Nope. We are not saving images, status, names, anything at all during this process. After processing over 2000 of you, it’s likely we won’t even remember our own names.
HOW DO I GET MY BADGE?
After going through vaccine validation, you may register at con reg as usual once it is open.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE ON THE CON FLOOR?
- Your badge, visible and worn
- Your wristband, around your wrist
- Your mask, on your face
For more information on masks and other ShmooCon COVID related policies, please read the information found here.
CAN I STILL SHARE MY BADGE?
Absolutely! Just make sure whoever you are sharing your badge with goes to vaccine check too.
CAN I GET IN WITH JUST A WRISTBAND?
CAN I GET IN WITH JUST MY BADGE?
NO EXCEPTIONS/EXEMPTIONS, REALLY?
That is correct. All persons in attendance at the con must be vaccinated. That is the decision we have made for this year.
WHAT ABOUT KIDS UNDER FIVE?
Normally we are a fairly family friendly event. However this year, we kindly request that all unvaccinated children do not attend.
Hit us up at email@example.com.